UK Expedition 2018 Snowdonia Traverse
Snowdonia Traverse 2018
If you think that you have to go abroad for an adventure think again. As well as running our long courses, holidays and tours, Contour also runs UK based expeditions, specifically for groups not exceeding 4 people, which take in some of the most remote and challenging environments to be found in the UK. 2013 saw us in Scotland (see gallery), 2015 saw us on Lundy, and 2016 saw us making three Snowdonia Traverses, so it's no surprise that 2018 will see us returning to North Wales to undertake the four day north east to south west traverse of the National Park taking in climbs and scrambles on the Carneddau, Glyderau, Snowdon and Craig yr Bera. Classic routes we plan to tackle are: Amphitheatre Buttress, Craig Yr Ysfa; Grooved Arete, East Face of Tryfan; East Gully Arete, Glyderau; Ridge Route, Lliwedd and Sentries Ridge, Craig yr Bera. We'll be walking between each climb and spend the evenings under canvas, bunkhouse or Youth Hostel to maintain that mountain feel. For further detail of dates, prices and availability select 'Choose a date' in the booking field. Places are limited to four people, so book early to ensure you don't miss out on a truly memorable climbing, walking & scrambling experience. Please see the scrambling section of our website for details of our other UK based adventure, The Cuillin Ridge Traverse.
What you will need
There will be an opportunity to pre-position equipment, clothing and food at the various campsites prior to undertaking the traverse. For this reason we do not issue a packing list until we have discussed personal requirements prior to tackling the traverse. Note that the cost for meals and food is not included in the package
Accommodation and Transport
- Tents, Bunkhouses and Youth Hostels are the norm. Note, due to individual preferences and requirements we do not include the price of accommodation and camping in the expedition fee.
- Options to pre-position your vehicle at the final campsite to enable easy departure at the end of the traverse
- All Guiding & Expedition Planning
- Pre-positining of equipment, stores and food
- Booking of accommodation (see notes on accommodation regarding expedition fees)
- Discounted Bike and Pannier Hire (If required)